Schmidhauser Electrical is proud to be a part of Miles for Smiles Stellenbosch Twilight Run and Cycle
20 – 21 October 2017 – click here for entry: https://www.stbb.co.za/twilight-run-2017/
About Miles for Smiles
Miles for Smiles was established to assist Operation Smile in creating awareness for the plight of children born with cleft lips and palates and raise funds to perform corrective surgery on them. The initiative has a fundamental aim, to inspire and challenge individuals to go out and make a difference in the lives of those around them, by challenging themselves to achieve the impossible. One in 10 children born with a cleft palate and lip will die before their first birthday.
Quick facts about Operation Smile South Africa:
- In as little as 45 minutes, one cleft lip surgery can change a child’s life forever.
- Approximately one in every 750 babies in Africa is born with a cleft lip or cleft palate.
- Children with facial deformities who do not receive reconstructive surgery often have difficulty breathing, drinking, eating and speaking. As a result, many suffer from malnutrition, medical and psychological problems.
- A cleft lip or cleft palate operation and follow up care costs approximately R5500.
- Operation Smile South Africa (OSSA) was officially registered as a section 21 (non-profit) company in March 2006.
- Operation Smile South Africa (OSSA) has treated over 1650 children since 2006.
- Since 1982, more than 150 000 children and young adults have been treated by thousands of Operation Smile volunteers worldwide and thousands of healthcare professionals have been trained globally.
Operation Smile provides care for children in 60 countries worldwide. Nine resource countries raise funds and provide medical volunteers, while 42 program countries receive education and training and conduct surgeries. Operation Smile works in 13 countries in Africa. More than 5,000 medical professionals from around the world volunteer with Operation Smile.
Donate – click here https://ciplafoundationsa.co.za/miles-for-smiles
Please put your name and Schmidhauser Electrical as your reference.